• Off-grid systems are suitable for homes that are not connected to the grid and the cost of connecting to the grid line would be too high.
• The solar panels provide power during the day while also charging your battery bank for use at night or during periods when the panels are not supplying enough energy to meet the demand.
• The system can have multiple power sources such as solar, wind or generator to provide electricity in periods where there isn't enough sunshine.
• Off-grid systems will provide independence from the utility company and you will not be subject to electricity cost increases, power blackouts and electricity bills.
• Energy efficiency is a must with off-grid systems to avoid the risk of not having enough power for your household or business..
• Grid-tied systems are connected to the local electrical grid and allow consumers to use their own solar generated energy in conjunction with electricity purchased from the utility company.
• Grid-tied solar systems are the most common and the most cost effective systems.
• Grid-tied systems do not need to produce 100% of the electricity demand. Electricity from the grid can supplement the system when it is not producing enough energy to meet the demand.
• This results in lowering energy costs offering a quick payback on the investment and long term cost savings on purchases.
• a GT limiter can be used to restrict electricity from being fed back to the grid.
• Grid-tied systems do not provide backup or protection from power outages. when the electrical grid fails, these systems will shutdown and will not continue to operate.
• A hybrid solar system will provide power to loads from solar panels, batteries and and grid simultaneously. The grid ‘assists’ the solar system in meeting the energy demands from loads.
• Having a hybrid system is like having both grid-tied and off-grid system at the same time i.e. energy stored in batteries can be used in case of a power blackout and grid electricity can be used when electricity from the system cannot meet the demand.
• The battery capacity required for a hybrid system is less than that of an off-grid system.
• a hybrid system will provide you with energy independence and reduced electricity bills.
• A UPS system provides power to critical loads during a power blackout for a certain time period depending on the size of the battery bank and the energy demand of the loads.
• A UPS system also protects your equipment connected to the output of the UPS from grid power problems such as voltage spikes, reduction in input voltage, instability of the mains frequency and harmonic distortion.
• The system has a battery bank that is charged by the power grid through a Bi-directional inverter.
Watts Up is 100% focussed on Solar Technology
100% Owned and Operated in eSwatini
Experienced Solar design and Installation
Guaranteed Reliability and Durability
1. Environment friendly
The world pollution is getting worse. Any effort that can reduce the pollution to the environment helps to save the earth. Solar panels are able to harness the energy from the sun and convert it to electricity. Therefore, the use of solar panels is environment friendly. Therefore, solar energy that is harmless to the environment will be the major energy source for future - starting today.
2. Low / no maintenance needed Once you have installed the solar power system, it can last twenty to thirty years without major maintenance needed. You may need to do system check once a year, just to make sure everything is performing as it should. Since it requires very minimum maintenance cost, your cost should be minimal..
1. Cut-down electricity bill
The key reason that most households convert their power source to solar energy is to cut down their electrical bill because the electrical usage generated from the sun is free. By converting as many home appliances as possible to use solar energy, you can save a significant savings in your utilities expenses.
2. It is a renewable energy source Typical electricity is generated from fossil fuel that will run out one day. Solar energy is a good alternative to replace fossil fuel as the major energy source because solar power is renewable at absolutely no cost to supply energy infinitely..